How Do I Renew or Extend Expired Support ?
What are my Item Support options?
The support options available to you depend on when you make the support purchase.
- A support upgrade is 6 months of additional support that can be purchased at the time of buying the item.
- A support extension is 6 months of support that can be purchased at any time after the initial purchase of the item, provided the current support period hasn’t expired.
- A support renewal is 6 months of support that can be purchased after any existing support for an item has expired.
To be eligible to extend or renew support you must have less than 6 months of support remaining and the author must still be supporting the item. You will then be able to purchase a support extension or renewal from the Downloads or Item page.
How do I renew or extend my support?
In order to extend or renew an item’s support offering, you must have less than 6 months of the existing support period remaining and also the author must still be offering support on their item.
To renew the support component on an item, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your account
- Hover over your username and click ‘Downloads’ from the drop-down menu.
- The downloads section displays a list of all the items purchased using your account.
- Click on ‘Renew support now!’ or ‘Extend now’ next to the item you wish to renew the item support for and that’s it!
Why can’t I extend or renew support for an item?
There are two reasons why you are unable to extend or renew support:
- You have more than 6 months support remaining on your current support grant; or
- The author has nominated to no longer support the item.